Monday, November 1, 2010

Song Dedication

I want to dedicate the song Timeless to Me from Hairspray to my husband Jason for correctly answering the first ever trivia question. I’m specifically writing this song as a dedication because of a few reasons. Not only is Timeless to me from the excellent Broadway show Hairspray, but it also is a non-traditional love song, that both me and Jason sing sometimes. Unlike most cheesy love songs, Edna and Wilbur rejoice in the fact that they have had so much time together, and cannot wait for more days with each other. Like Wilbur sings “Some folks can’t stand it/ say time is like a bandit/ but i take the opposite view/ cause when I need a lift/ time brings a gift/ another day with you. Edna and Wilbur take each other for what they are and embrace each other’s quirks with love and humor. They are as in love with each other at this point in (fictional) time as they were when they first fell in love. That is a marriage to respect. Every person has something that make them unique, in most situations, that is what someone falls in love with. As corny as this next part is going to sound, Jason you are timeless to me, and I look forward to many more days of being with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment