Tuesday, August 17, 2010

“There’s so much fun in this room right now, and we’re having it!”

Yes Ladies, I have seen Adam Levine’s underwear. Well so did the other thousand people at the PNC Bank Arts Center Sunday night, but it still felt special. Sunday night August 15th, I went to see Maroon 5 in concert and they were phenomenal as usual.  But I will speak more about that after I discuss the opening acts. My husband, friend, and I decided that we were going to skip the first performer- V.V.Brown’s performance and show up slightly before Owl City came on. Once Owl City (Adam Young and his back-up band) began performing the mood in the concert hall changed. Instead of playing his one really big hit Fireflies first, he chose to play it for his last song. He, meanwhile, tried to interact with the audience in a very awkward and bizarre way saying quotes like the title of this post and other ditties such as, “look at all the clapping people” or “ I think I should move to new jersey because its so fun here!”, and the classic “Can I see some angels?” I was glad to hear a few of my favorites played (Hot Air Balloon, Dental Care, Technicolor Phase) but most of the audience was annoyed by his performance style (his moves consisted of flailing his arms about, and falling on the floor) and were very excited for Maroon 5 to come on. Of course I wasn’t surprised when the first song they sang was Misery their newest single. Yet, everything about Maroon 5’s performance style was really phenomenal. First, Adam Levine moved around the stage a lot and bumped chests with James Valentine, the lead guitarist. Then, shortly after, Adam picked up his own guitar and started rocking out. A few really amazing things happened that night. First they debuted some songs from their upcoming album Hands All Over (set to drop this September) and they were really awesome. I couldn’t actually hear what the names of the songs were but I thought one was called Stutter.  The other, Give a Little More was so heavily influenced by 70’s pop/disco that I actually felt transported to an earlier time. I’m not sure if this was a collective effort on the band’s part or just Adam Levine’s influence, but there were also a few mash-ups within their performances. My favorites were mashing up The Sun with the Paul Simon hit 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, and Secret with the Tina Turner song Whats Love Got To Do With It.  They also performed an incredible cover of Alicia Keys’ If I Aint Got You (material below). Adam also brought a 5 year old girl on stage and serenaded her with the song She Will Be Loved. All in all, Maroon 5 remains one of my favorite bands to see live because they are incredibly entertaining and often times better live. I would recommend seeing them at least once if you have the opportunity.

Some awesome Adam Levine quotes:
After Pulling Out his underwear to show the audience “I feel like Superman. Skinnier and Jewish, but Superman nonetheless”
Before Singing She Will Be Loved “ Ladies, this song is for you. Because without you (pause) we would have to have sex with other dudes. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Wow. I’m a Jackass.
To the 5 year old girl on stage “If you need a drink you can have one from my bottle. Don’t worry I don’t have the cooties.”


Pictures/ Videos from the concert:   




Owl City Performing The Technicolor Phase
Maroon 5 performing Misery
Maroon 5 performing Harder To Breathe

Maroon 5 performing She Will Be Loved to a 5 year old



Maroon 5 performing If I Aint Got You

No comments:

Post a Comment