Friday, May 20, 2011

Traffic Songs


Many of you know that I commute by car to work. My drive is roughly 40-50 minutes on a good day. This means I have LOTS of time in the car to either listen to the radio or any of the 25 CDs I have made since I began my job in August of 2009. Yet what bothers me most is what happens when I get stuck in traffic. I know every person has their own driving personality and mine is one of anger, resentment, and frustration towards the road and specifically other drivers on the road. Hitting traffic always puts me in a foul mood, and really the only thing that can get me through it aside from viciously banging on my steering wheel is good music. In regard to different personalities though, a song that would work for me during traffic would not necessarily work for someone who is a calm, reassured driver. Therefore I present to you a list of songs you should listen to in traffic by personality type:
Angry Driver:
LIT: My Own Worst Enemy
AC/DC: Highway to Hell
Seether: Rise Above This
The Fratellis: Chelsea Dagger
JET: Are You Gonna be My Girl  

Calm Driver:

America: Sister Golden Hair
The Backstreet Boys: As Long as You Love Me
One Republic: Good Life
Paula Cole: I Don’t Wanna Wait
Duncan Sheik: Barely Breathing

Drivers who like to sing/scream along:

Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
Guns and Roses: Paradise City
Meatloaf: Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Offspring: Pretty Fly For a White Guy
Beyonce: Single Ladies

Classic Rock Buffs:

The Beatles: Hey Jude
Journey: Separate Ways
Rush: Tom Sawyer
Led Zeppelin: Kashmir
The Who: Who Are You

Drivers who use their time to discover new artists:

Freelance Whales: Hannah
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals: Pairs Ooh La La
Ellie Goulding: Your Song
Locksley: The Whip
Safety Suit: Get Around This

Drivers only interested in top 40 hits:

Lady Gaga: Hair
Nicki Minaj: Super Bass
Britney Spears: I Wanna Go
Christina Perri: Arms
Hot Chelle Rae: Tonight Tonight

Wannabe Gangstas aka Drivers who wish they got on Pimp my Ride:
 
Jay Z: Big Pimpin
Eminem: Lose Yourself
Kanye West: Power
The Notorious B.I.G: Big Poppa
Beastie Boys: No Sleep Till Brooklyn

Drivers Stuck in the 80's 
Flock of Seagulls: I Ran
Dexy's Midnight Runners: Come On Eileen
Peter Gabriel: Sledgehammer
Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Relax 
 
Cowboy/girl in Training:
Big and Rich: Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy
Miranda Lambert: Gunpowder and Lead
Blake Shelton: Honey Bee
Carrie Underwood: Cowboy Cassanova
Rascall Flatts: Life is a Highway

Drivers who complain that "they don't make em [records] like they used to:"
Frank Sinatra: My Way
Chuck Berry: Johnny B. Goode
Elvis:  Hound Dog
Aretha Franklin: Chain of Fools  

The Broadway Belter
South Pacific: Wonderful Guy
Anything Goes: Anything Goes
Thoroughly Modern Millie: Gimme Gimme
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment